[mythtv-users] New release of scte65scan (mainly for Comcast users)

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat May 23 02:51:05 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 7:25 PM, Big Wave Dave <bigwavedave at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do you have one of the Pace DTA's activated so you can see your VCT_ID
>> in the info page?
>>

> Is it possible to get the VCT_ID if I already have a Motorola DCT6200?
>  I would hate to get a Pace, only to have it sit on a shelf for the
> next few years.  Doesn't seem very "green".
>
> Dave

Strictly speaking you don't need the VCT_ID. If you run scte65scan
without a VCT_ID it will find all the lineups being transmitted on
your cable. you can then decide which one is appropriate by hand.
(I.e. - go through each lineup and decide which one matches.

Having the VCT_ID makes the process faster, but it's not strictly
required to make everything work.

Good luck,
Mark