[mythtv-users] Just a two-lines playback...

Andrea Giuliano sarkiaponius at alice.it
Sat May 23 19:38:27 UTC 2009

Dear Paul,

thanks for your xorg.conf. I'll try out some options of your to see what
happens.

Here are the xorg.conf as created by dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg and
using framebuffer device. Next is another one without fb device, but
both show the same result (the famous two-lines...). At this point, I
got the sneaky suspicion that my Intel card has some strange problem.

-------------
Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"
	Driver		"kbd"
	Option		"XkbRules"	"xorg"
	Option		"XkbModel"	"pc105"
	Option		"XkbLayout"	"it"
	Option		"XkbVariant"	"nodeadkeys"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Configured Video Device"
	Option		"UseFBDev"		"true"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Monitor		"Configured Monitor"
EndSection

--------------------
This xorg.conf produced by X -configure
--------------------
Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "X.org Configured"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
	RgbPath      "/etc/X11/rgb"
	ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/:unscaled"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi"
	FontPath     "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "dri"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "GLcore"
	Load  "xtrap"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "kbd"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "auto"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	#DisplaySize	  310   230	# mm
	Identifier   "Monitor0"
	VendorName   "LEO"
	ModelName    "1708"
  ### Comment all HorizSync and VertRefresh values to use DDC:
	HorizSync    30.0 - 82.0
	VertRefresh  50.0 - 110.0
	Option	    "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
         ### Available Driver options are:-
         ### [arg]: arg optional
         #Option     "NoAccel"            	# [<bool>]
         #Option     "SWcursor"           	# [<bool>]
         #Option     "ColorKey"           	# <i>
         #Option     "CacheLines"         	# <i>
         #Option     "Dac6Bit"            	# [<bool>]
         #Option     "DRI"                	# [<bool>]
         #Option     "NoDDC"              	# [<bool>]
         #Option     "ShowCache"          	# [<bool>]
         #Option     "XvMCSurfaces"       	# <i>
         #Option     "PageFlip"           	# [<bool>]
	Identifier  "Card0"
	Driver      "intel"
	VendorName  "Intel Corporation"
	BoardName   "82865G Integrated Graphics Controller"
	BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen0"
	Device     "Card0"
	Monitor    "Monitor0"
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport   0 0
		Depth     1
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport   0 0
		Depth     4
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport   0 0
		Depth     8
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport   0 0
		Depth     15
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport   0 0
		Depth     16
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport   0 0
		Depth     24
	EndSubSection
EndSection

Paul Gallaway wrote:
> Apologies for the delay. I use the nvidia driver so you can't use this
> exactly as it is. Other than the nividia settings, this is the
> configuration as setup by the installer. I was impressed that I know
> longer needed modelines for my display or the mouse driver. Maybe
>
> # xorg.conf (X.Org X Window System server configuration file)
> #
> # This file was generated by dexconf, the Debian X Configuration tool, using
> # values from the debconf database.
> #
> # Edit this file with caution, and see the xorg.conf manual page.
> # (Type "man xorg.conf" at the shell prompt.)
> #
> # This file is automatically updated on xserver-xorg package upgrades *only*
> # if it has not been modified since the last upgrade of the xserver-xorg
> # package.
> #
> # If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically updated
> # again, run the following command:
> #   sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
>         Driver          "kbd"
>         Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
>         Option          "XkbModel"      "pc104"
>         Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
> #       Option          "microsoftinet"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
>         Driver          "mouse"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
>         Driver          "nvidia"
>         Option          "VideoOverlay"  "on"
>         Option          "OpenGLOverlay" "on"
>         Option          "TexturedVideo" "on"
>         Option          "UseEvents"     "true"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Monitor"
>         Identifier      "Configured Monitor"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Screen"
>         Identifier      "Default Screen"
>         Monitor         "Configured Monitor"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Module"
>         Load    "bitmap"
>         Load    "dri"
>         Load    "extmod"
>         Load    "freetype"
>         Load    "glx"
>         Load    "int10"
>         Load    "vbe"
>
> EndSection
>
> Section "Extensions"
>         Option          "Composite"     "Disable"
> EndSection

Andrea