[mythtv-users] New release of scte65scan (mainly for Comcast users)

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun May 24 22:14:35 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Mark.
>
> Wanted to add a tiny more specific update on how to get the VCT_ID
> from another motorola box-- this is tested on DCH-3200s and 6200s.
>
> 1) Power on your box.
> 2) Press "Power" on the remote to turn off the box.  IMMEDIATELY press
> "OK" on the remote.  You should see a longs list of menus numbered
> "d01-d18."
> 3) Select option d6, Current Channel Status.
> 4) You should see VCT ID listed on this page.  It may only be one or
> two digits, which should correspond to the last one or two digits in
> the VCT_ID.  You can run the scte65scan tool with no options to see
> the available tables.  In my case, I see VCT ID: 1 on the cable box.
> When running the scan tool, there is a VCT_ID 3001, which is the
> correct one for me.  The hex associated with that one is 0x0bb9, so
> that's what I put in the table on the wiki.
>
> Robert

Thanks for the extra info.

Question for you or others. On a NEW server - say that the only things
that have been done is this:

1) load mythconverg
2) define your HDHR cards, video sources and connections
3) run mythfiledatabase

With that much done on a brand new server is it still necessary to do
a scan of all the QAM256/QAM64 channels as per the older MYthTV.org
documentation? Or is it enough to scan with scte65scan and then import
the data?

Thanks,
Mark
Mark