[mythtv-users] New release of scte65scan (mainly for Comcast users)

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 00:41:40 UTC 2009

On 5/24/09, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Robert McNamara
>
> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Michael Rice <mikerice1969 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >> At least for me the clear HD channels are not included in this scan.
>  >> So after the process above we'd need to add back the HD channels.  Is
>  >> that correct or am I missing something?
>  >
>  > Did you use the -p option and a tuning file?  Comcast signals stuff
>  > available OTA as ATSC/PSIP, usually.  If you don't use both the -p
>  > option and a tuning file (see my command line above), you probably
>  > won't get your HD channels.
>  >
>  > Robert
>

> One other thing is a possibility. If Michael meant that they don't
>  show up in the program guide within Myth, then he needs to edit the
>  sql file before modifying the mythconverg database to make the channel
>  numbers match up with what they are at Schedules Direct. Here I had to
>  change "2.1" to "702", etc. Both are KTVU-HD, but the first time data
>  comes in and Myth tries to match up the xmlid, it's going do do it but
>  the digital channel number, not the PSIP number.
>
>  Worked for me, and thanks to Deniis for helping with that.

Thanks.  Using -p and a tuning file I see info for the HD channels.  Example:

INSERT INTO channel SET
sourceid=1,chanid=110001,channum='10.1',callsign='KOPB-HD',serviceid=13,mplexid=(SELECT
mplexid FROM dtv_multiplex WHERE frequency=123000000);

I think as you say I need to edit the channum and callsign to match
the Schedule's Direct listing otherwise there will be problems.  I
believe if the callsign doesn't match there will be multiple entries
in the guide since my HD-PVR is using the channel/callsign from SD.