[mythtv-users] mythbackend missing recordings.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 25 14:31:57 UTC 2009

On 05/25/2009 10:21 AM, Glenn Sommer wrote:
> Yes, all permissions are correct.
> btw, I was wrong in my statement about 0byte files, actually it
> doesn't even create the files at all.
>
> Anyway, I've tried raising the tuning timeouts for both DVB-C cards...
> Maybe that will make a difference...
> Though, if the backend timeouts when tuning - doesn't it retry later then?

If you get no file at all (and no reported errors in the backend log
file), that generally means that the capture card did not provide /any/
data at all for MythTV to write.  (Note that this is assuming you have
permission to write to the recordings directories--if you don't, there
should be an error in the logs and it should show that it stopped trying
to record early rather than showing a message saying it's stopping the
recording at the proper time.)

So, sounds like a capture card/driver/configuration issue.

Mike