[mythtv-users] Ubuntu 9.04 broke MythTv

Mike Adolf mlnx at mho.com
Tue May 26 16:31:52 UTC 2009

David Whyte wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Mike Adolf <mlnx at mho.com> wrote:
>
>> I guess I just reinstall. How do I uninstall the current one?
>>
>> Mike
>>

> What are the contents of the file /etc/apt/sources.list ?  All of my
> upgrades have always been pretty smooth, as it should be with a Debian
> based distro.
>
> I wonder if you are running unofficial repositories somehow, which has
> caused or is causing some missing dependencies somewhere in the
> upgrade.
>
> Cheers,
> Whytey

Thanks to all who replied.

I think the problem stems from the fact that I installed .21- fixes from
a tarball and Ubuntu 8.10 knew nothing about it. So when I upgraded to
9.04 and removed 'unused' modules, a lot of myth stuff was deleted.
Since 9.04 now contains .21-fixes in its distribution, I opted to
uninstall and start over.

Mike