[mythtv-users] Surewest KC QAM + HDHomeRun

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue May 26 18:46:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:

> The documentation doesnt give much info on how to use it.  I am using a
> HDHR.  How do I tell it to use that tuner?

I myself don't own a HDHR but you need to read the README and INSTALL
files in the scte65scan source which detail how to use it, as far as I
recall.

> Also, Robert.  do you have any other ideas on the Myth scanner is not
> working?

I went back and looked at your initial message-- you're using trunk.
I can't stress enough how important it is to be following the dev and
commits lists.  The new channel scanner which was recently merged into
trunk is a work in progress and isn't done, you should not expect
channel scans to work properly at the moment.  The "conflicting
channel" issue is well known now and being worked on.  It will be at
least a few weeks before the channel scanner will become usable, and
probably a while after that before it will become reliable.

Robert