[mythtv-users] silent and low-power: AMD or Intel?

barbex barbex at gmail.com
Wed May 27 09:04:34 UTC 2009

Hello everybody!

Little problems here and there with my mythtv box made me think that
the universe is trying to tell me that I should look for new hardware.

I know that hardware questions keep coming up again and again but
things are changing so much so fast that I don't trust old threads all
that much.

Now I know where to get general hardware information but I would like
to hear about some actual mythtv-experience.
My priorities are low energy consumption and silence.

So by your very subjective experience, should I go the AMD or the
Intel route? Which are better supported by Linux?
Onboard graphics or nvidia card? (I have a very old and settled hatred
against ATI cards.)
General hints and tips regarding motherboards?

Thank you very much for your thoughts.

Barbara