[mythtv-users] Myth experiences with Zotac ION + ATOM mobo

Glen Dragon gdragon at jetcom.org
Wed May 27 11:30:22 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 5:44 AM, Mark Wormgoor <mark at wormgoor.com> wrote:

> Has anyone ever seen a case that:
> - fits miniITX like this Zotac board.
> - is HiFi width (43cm).
> - low height (not like the 4" Silverstones, more like 2").
>  I mean, this board fits in the Aspire Revo, which is tiny!
> - integrated power supply so I can plugin a simple power cable.
> - room for a (slot-in) 3.5" DVD/Blu-ray drive.
> - integrated VFD, IR receiver and IR power switch.
>
> I'd love to combine a case like that with the new ION, preferably without a
> fan like Glen describes. Can't be too hard to build a case like that, but
> I've never seen it.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Mark
>
> I was moderately interested in a similar case, but in the end i decided
that it as even better to have the thing stashed completely out of sight.

I think the problem is the manufacturers try to start adding room for
harddrives, and things get big at that point.

I do have a LCD attached via a usb cable, not mounted into any case just
sitting up in the cabinet with the rest of my equipment.