[mythtv-users] Retuning dvb-t

James Stembridge jstembridge at gmail.com
Wed May 27 12:26:25 UTC 2009

Hi Steve,

2009/5/27 Steve Curtis <scurtis at fixation.net>:
> I also noticed that a couple of channels had duplicate entries.  Trouble is
> I think one is from a weak transmitter, and in a couple of cases those
> channels are now unwatchable meaning I need to re-scan those back in.  But I
> don't want to go through all the above again, and I can't decipher from the
> duplicates what is coming from where.

It's a long time since I did a full scan but as far as I can remember
I had a similar problem. I think I went through a process something
like this:

Delete all the channels.
Using the frequencies figure out which transports are from the
transmitter I want and delete all the others.
Do an existing transports scan.

Of course if an existing transports scan causes mythtv-setup to crash
I guess this isn't going to help you much. I guess you could do it in
a more refined way and only delete the channels that come from
transports that you don't want and skip the final step.