[mythtv-users] Myth experiences with Zotac ION + ATOM mobo

Thomas Egrelius mythv at egge.se
Wed May 27 21:58:03 UTC 2009

> Has anyone ever seen a case that:
> - fits miniITX like this Zotac board.
> - is HiFi width (43cm).
> - low height (not like the 4" Silverstones, more like 2").
>    I mean, this board fits in the Aspire Revo, which is tiny!
> - integrated power supply so I can plugin a simple power cable.
> - room for a (slot-in) 3.5" DVD/Blu-ray drive.
> - integrated VFD, IR receiver and IR power switch.
>
> I'd love to combine a case like that with the new ION, preferably
> without a fan like Glen describes. Can't be too hard to build a case
> like that, but I've never seen it.

I like the HFX cases from Mcubed. I have the HFX mini case with a X2 board
and the 4850e processor running completely silent in my livingroom.
Fanless and diskless, using heatpipes. With a slot-in low-profile DVD (no
blueray) and the iMON VFD+IR receiver.

With a miniITX board in it (I *think* its prepared to mount those too)
there should be plenty of room to fit a PSU in it as well.

They also have even smaller cases these days.

On the downside though... they are far from cheap :( And their cooling
capacity may be a bit overkill for this Zotac board ;)

http://www.hfx.at/

/Egge