[mythtv-users] Myth/HDHR impressions & issues

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Thu May 28 16:08:19 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 08:30 -0700, Robert McNamara wrote:

> Sorry, because I may not have caught all the context, but where do you
> live?

In Louisville, CO (between Boulder and Denver).

>   It's possible (and statistically probably) that there just
> might not be any SCTE-65 tables in your locale yet.

I know nothing about any of this stuff other than what I've read on this
list, so it may well be the case.

So far, the analog channels are still available in analog. There are a
few of them that also have digital SD versions, but mostly only the
superstations (TBS), the local broadcast networks, and a few local
access channels (e.g. Government Access). For channels that are natively
digital, pretty much only the local broadcast networks are available
without an STB (including HD versions). That is all my HDHR can pick up
right now, but I suspect it won't be long before Comcast does here what
it has done in other locales, which is to move most of the analog
channels that I currently get with my PVR-500 to digital versions, some
of which will be available to my HDHR. Comcast has as yet made no
official announcement of this switch, but we know it's coming.

--Greg