[mythtv-users] High X CPU usage with 8400GS

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri May 29 00:15:08 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/5/29 Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com>:
> Thanks everyone.  It seems the consensus is that PCI is responsible
> for the high CPU.  At 1366x768 resolution, 24 bits/pixel, 60

Have we read the same messages?
I certainly didn't get the feeling that this is a "consensus", quite
the opposite.

I've had X using 100% of the CPU time using nvidia drivers and Xv when
the refresh rate of the screen match exactly the framerate of the
video.
Like playing a 24fps video on a 24Hz screen.

There's a work-around for this, though it doesn't work for everyone,
is to add a
Option "UseEvents" "True"
in your device section

> In any case, when I get to that point, it sounds like this will be a
> good way to validate that I'm actually using VDPAU, just by watching
> the CPU utilization.
The log are there for that too ...

Jean-Yves