[mythtv-users] nVidia drivers 185.18.14 now out, ubuntu mythtv packages update ...

William william_munson at comcast.net
Fri May 29 00:27:57 UTC 2009

On 05/28/2009 08:18 PM, William wrote:

> Ok, I settled on the Intrepid release repo and did as you suggest. I
> did a reload and marked all upgrades. This tagged a bunch of stuff
> including the nvidia 180 drivers. It also tagged (for installation) a
> kernel module for the 185 drivers but not the glx files. I manually
> searched and found the glx files and selected them. All looks good at
> this point however it appears that it now wants to remove xorg and all
> the xorg drivers as part of this upgrade. I cancelled out at this
> point. It may be that I will have to do this in several steps using
> apt-get rather than synaptic. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Here is an addendum. Just as a troubleshooting tool I simulated an
install in apt-get. At least this gives me output I can post here.

apt-get -s install nvidia-glx-185
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
   libcucul0 libmyth-0.21-0 mplayer nvidia-185-kernel-source
   nvidia-185-libvdpau
Suggested packages:
   mplayer-doc ladspa-sdk
The following packages will be REMOVED:
   mythbuntu-desktop nvidia-180-kernel-source nvidia-180-libvdpau
   nvidia-glx-180 xorg xserver-xorg xserver-xorg-core xserver-xorg-input-all
   xserver-xorg-input-evdev xserver-xorg-input-kbd xserver-xorg-input-mouse
   xserver-xorg-input-synaptics xserver-xorg-input-wacom
xserver-xorg-video-all
   xserver-xorg-video-apm xserver-xorg-video-ark xserver-xorg-video-ati
   xserver-xorg-video-chips xserver-xorg-video-cirrus
xserver-xorg-video-fbdev
   xserver-xorg-video-geode xserver-xorg-video-i128 xserver-xorg-video-i740
   xserver-xorg-video-intel xserver-xorg-video-mach64 xserver-xorg-video-mga
   xserver-xorg-video-neomagic xserver-xorg-video-nv
   xserver-xorg-video-openchrome xserver-xorg-video-r128
   xserver-xorg-video-radeon xserver-xorg-video-rendition
xserver-xorg-video-s3
   xserver-xorg-video-s3virge xserver-xorg-video-savage
   xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion xserver-xorg-video-sis
   xserver-xorg-video-sisusb xserver-xorg-video-tdfx
xserver-xorg-video-trident
   xserver-xorg-video-tseng xserver-xorg-video-v4l xserver-xorg-video-vesa
   xserver-xorg-video-vmware xserver-xorg-video-voodoo
   libcucul0 nvidia-185-kernel-source nvidia-185-libvdpau nvidia-glx-185
   libmyth-0.21-0 mplayer
2 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 45 to remove and 18 not upgraded.