[mythtv-users] Upgrade report, with WAF :)

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 02:52:47 UTC 2009

Upgraded my Mythbuntu 9.04 to 9.10. Actually a bit of a disaster, and entirely
my fault. Recovered, but for a while I thought I might have to install from
scratch.

However, *very* pleased with the result. Systems feels snappier, I'd swear
LiveTV is changing channels *much* quicker and the Blue-Abstract theme looks
great. The Video and Recordings fanart etc really adds to the feel as well.

Interestingly - the Wife, who is very conservative when it comes to changing
computer stuff - It took me years to move her from Win98 to 2K. Only just got
her onto XP.

Well she very much approves of the upgrade. Quite likes the look of the theme
and she too finds the system more responsive. Also she finds the Recordings and
Video browser easier to use - better presentation of information, so more is
visible while seeming less cluttered.

All in all, A+ guys. Thank you very much.

--
Lindsay
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home