[mythtv-users] Upgrading Ubuntu

Dan dansto.well+myth at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 11:14:15 UTC 2009

Hi all -

No system upgrade can ever be sure to be free of teething problems,
despite nico's relaxedness ;) - they're complex things, we all have
different hardware etc etc. So Damian's idea to wait a week or so is
sensible IMHO.

Someone on twitter warned me to check the following issue before any
0.21->0.22 upgrade (i.e. before mythbuntu 9.04->9.10):
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Fixing_Corrupt_Database_Encoding
Don't think it's been mentioned so far in this discussion. My system
(which was a clean mythbuntu 9.04) doesn't seem to be affected but
it's worth checking.

Best
Dan