[mythtv-users] MythSqueezebox2 plugin for MythTV 0.22

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 13:10:16 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 4:55 PM, Brent Norris <brent at brentnorris.net> wrote:
> OK I have got it to compile and install, but when I run it, it doesn't seem
> to start up a slave instance on the frontend.  I just see my squeezeplayer
> as connected to the server.
>
> One time it did start it up, but I have no idea what made that happen. The
> logs don't seem to say anything about it, they are just full of it talking
> to the server to get songs, albums and artist stuff.  What would be the best
> place to look to see if it is running the slave?
>
> Brent

Brent:

After you've started the plugin, try "ps aux | grep squeezeslave" and
see what you get.  You might also check to make sure that the
squeezeslave binary has been compiled and placed somewhere in your
path.  Try entering "squeezeslave-alsa" in a terminal to make sure the
program is in your path.  If not, modify PATH to include the location
of the binary (or move it).  It should have been placed in either
/usr/bin or /user/local/bin (but it will depend on your development
environment).

George