[mythtv-users] Getting local-access stations into Schedules Direct

Jack McGee jack at greendesk.net
Sun Nov 1 17:20:08 UTC 2009

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
> None of the local community-access television stations carried by my
> cable feed have any listings in Schedules Direct
>  do stations have to pay any
> money to anyone to do so?

I program two Community Access stations, and yes Tribune has to be paid
to enter station data.  The cable co that carries us locally agreed to
pay some years ago, and for years, I submitted a word file (!) for
Tribune to apparently retype into their application.  That got updated
every week, then it got passed onto another person at Tribune, they no
longer reply to my email or update the listings I send.  So we have
listings on Tribune, but it is a few years old!

I don't have budget for any fancy dedicated application to create the
schedule, it is created in excel, and imported into our playback system
and a linked access table for printed reports.  I have been giving
Tribune the excel sheet since they finally told me that would make their
life easier.