[mythtv-users] Major Issue All Of a Sudden - Recording Unavailable

sonofzev at iinet.net.au sonofzev at iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 2 04:10:10 UTC 2009

On Sun Nov  1 22:33 , "Michael T. Dean"  sent:

>On 11/01/2009 09:58 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Paulin wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Myth Community,
>>> I've been using Myth for just over a year and it's been working well.  All
>>> of a sudden (Thursday Oct 29) everything that has recording won't play.
>>>  When I try to play it on the front end I get a error message:
>>>      Recording Unavailable (title of show), This recording is not yet
>>> available.
>>> Now I have done nothing on the box.  No upgrades.  Nothing.
>>> My myth version was built using trunk (rev 19992).
>>> So any suggestions or ways to fix it.  Not even sure where to begin.
>>> Any help is appriciated.
>>>
>> Backend logs around the time it should have recorded.
>>
>> mythweb "recorded programs" - does it say file size 'B' ?
>>
>> Mine just does this sometimes. Produces zero length or non existent files.
>>
>> backend logs should help.
>
>And if it's truly "everything," check your DB:
>http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Periodic_Maintenance#Optimize_the_Database
>
>Mike

Hi,

I have been having almost the same issue. However, it is only happening for one
channel/ multiplex (Channel 9 and Go in Australia). I can watch those channels
live but every recording on those channels in the last 2 weeks has reported a
file size B and I need to manually stop it recording from Mythweb. I thought it
was due to having too many simultaneous recordings. but last night setup something

(mythweb is reporting everything okay from the database end except mythweather
tables reporting an error, ever since I stupidly upgraded mysql to a version
which no longer support innodb.. optimze and fix doesn't seem to change anything
with that but everything else is working fine)

Admittedly I have logging at a minimal level so didn't look for anything.. and
would need some advice as to how to raise the logging level..