[mythtv-users] [OT] - Known good S-video out cards?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 04:13:10 UTC 2009

Hi,
   I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any cards that KNOWN good
S-video out and don't cost and arm & a leg? The Open Source ATI driver
does a VERY bad job with the ATI chipset in this machine (9100 IGP)
and the developers are non-responsive about whether they will fix it
or not. The older closed source ATI driver worked very well but ATI
dropped support for this device and I'd like to keep the machines up
to date if possible.

   I don't personally care much about ATI or nvidia, but I would like
a GPU that's supported using Open Source drivers.

   The machines are dedicated Myth front ends and I don't require
anything like HDTV at this time as it is all going over S-video. Best
if I can get fanless and low profile as the Pundit-R isn't a large
box.

Thanks,
Mark