[mythtv-users] Major Issue All Of a Sudden - Recording Unavailable

Paul Fine pfine at comcast.net
Mon Nov 2 16:25:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>wrote:

> Dave Pearson wrote:
>
>> Paulin wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Myth Community,
>>>
>>> I've been using Myth for just over a year and it's been working well.
>>>  All of a sudden (Thursday Oct 29) everything that has recording won't play.
>>>  When I try to play it on the front end I get a error message:
>>>
>>>     Recording Unavailable (title of show), This recording is not yet
>>> available.
>>>
>>> Now I have done nothing on the box.  No upgrades.  Nothing.
>>>
>>> My myth version was built using trunk (rev 19992).
>>>
>>> So any suggestions or ways to fix it.  Not even sure where to begin.
>>>
>>> Any help is appriciated.
>>>
>>>  I Had a similar problem which was caused by setting the time zone to
>> GMT, when I changed it to Europe/London I could watch all of my recorded
>> programs.
>>
>>  Check your tuner(s) haven't suddenly died. I had one of mine fail
> recently, got 'B' length recordings from it. Also check that you still have
> disk space for e.g. log files.
>
> --
>
> Mike Perkins

I had a similar problem last week.  It turned out that Comcast reconfigured
the QAM cable channels (my zipcode is 01752).  After I ran the scte65scan
again, and updated the database, I can now tune Comcast's clear QAM again.
I actually shouldn't have been surprised.  They had announced that Oct 28
was the date they were shutting off analog on all but the lower 20 channels.

--Paul