[mythtv-users] What can we expect in 0.23?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 18:46:24 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 11:40 AM, nospam312 <nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a friendly request - does anyone know what may be worked on in 0.23?
>
> I guess the major feature of 0.22 was MythUI and 0.23 will build on
> this going on what I have read so far but are any other features
> planned?

More MythUI, possibly some work on MythUI'ing MythMusic, and some
other stuff that I'd rather not commit to on the list on the chance it
doesn't happen.  Everyone has their own priorities and it's not really
centrally administrated.  We're also working to clean up/remove
unnecessary, redundant, and unused settings and improve usability,
though that may be an ongoing effort.

> For me I would like to see proper BBC iPlayer (and ITV/C4/five Player)
> support with a decent integrated interface.  I would certainly try to
> help out with testing.

This is pretty unlikely to happen as a) nobody has indicated they plan
to work on it and b) it would need to be done in a way that does not
violate iPlayer terms of service, meaning (likely) running it in a web
browser.  Anything could happen, but unless at least there's someone
with the time and inclination to work on it, and unless we have a ToS
compliant way of doing it, it's unlikely to be seen in Myth.

Robert