[mythtv-users] Small front end???

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Nov 2 19:05:50 UTC 2009

On Monday 02 November 2009 11:53:51 Paul Fine wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Richard Morton
>
> <richard.e.morton at gmail.com>wrote:
> > snapdragon based mobile phones - which are also ARM based can indeed
> > output 1080i
> >
> > and this page references an HD capable DSP; they also havent committed to
> > 1080P just "proper HD playback".... could that be interpretted as 480?
> >

> > Thanks And Regards,
> >
> > Richard Morton
>
> The OMAP3530 that is featured on the Beagleboard has an A8-Cortex processor
> and a TI 64x DSP, as well as a hardware graphics processing engine.  TI
> designed this part to handle HD.

That's good, I wasn't aware of that, so it sounds as if it has a lot of
potential for frontend use.

I've always thought the pure hardware decoding solution was the way to go,
doing it with general purpose CPUs is just not efficient.

Much thanks for the info. Guess I'll read the LJ item.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org