[mythtv-users] Fedora 11 Pulseaudio + Mythmusic

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 21:04:35 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Ken Bass <kbass at kenbass.com> wrote:
> Having just upgraded to Fedora 11 from a Centos 5 box, the whole pulseaudio
> is new to me. 0.22RC1 seems to be running fine with it.
> I am running audio over HDMI. However, mythmusic does not work.
>
> The problem is because the output is 48000 Hz vs the MP3's which are
> 44100Hz. What is the proper 'Pulseaudio' way to accomplish this.
>
> My MythTV Audio output device is set to ALSA:hdmi with the passthroughs set.
>
> I did not mess with any .asoundrc files.

I use the following in my default.pa right under the module-hal-detect line:

load-module module-alsa-sink device=spdif format=s16le rate=44100
channels=2 sink_name=digital

In your case you would update device=spdif to device=hdmi and change
your rate to 48000. You can also change the resampling method in
daemon.conf:

resample-method = speex-float-4
;resample-method = src-sinc-best-quality

I have the default commented out there and use speex-float-4 for
better quality but higher CPU usage.

Then you'll have to tell Myth to use this sink (pavucontrol?)

Hope this helps.

Richard