[mythtv-users] mythbuntu 9.10, multiple problems

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Mon Nov 2 22:59:52 UTC 2009

> 1. Auto login doesn't work.

Mythbuntu-control-centre has options for that. It stopped working when I
upgraded as well. Just go in there and turn it on again.

2. vdpau doesn't seem to work, even though i have nvidia 185 drivers
> (geforce 9500 512mb card) - frontend just freezes and i have to kill it from
> the command line

I'm getting issues from VDPAU as well with 190.42. I need to get some time
to turn on debugging and see if I can isolate it. Software decoding is rock
solid on the one FE I have that can do it. My 9800GT seems to work OK, but
is unstable. The onboard 8xxx has a black "please wait" screen for about
10min before I give up. ATSC recordings and h264, both of which worked fine
in 9.04/.21-fixes+JYA repo. I suspect it's a driver/library issue, but I'm
not sure what yet. I have also tried the JYA testing repo, with similar
results.

> 5. Watch recordings screen no longer plays little video in the corner. Now
> i just see a screen shot.

I think the setting has changed. Check the settings screens.