[mythtv-users] "addentry rejected" when trying to add new Playback Profile in 0.22

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Nov 2 23:41:05 UTC 2009

On 11/02/2009 06:15 PM, mikp wrote:
> Trying to Add New Playback Profile for VDPAU gives 'addentry rejected'

That's a logging bug--it has absolutely no impact on Myth (it just puts
garbage in your log) so ignore it.

> Using this Playback Profile eg.
>
>>    W: 0 H: 0, decoder: VDPAU, renderer: VDPAU, Deinterlacer: Advanced 2X
>>
> I tried different decoders and they all are rejected. I can circumvent the problem by
> editing an existing profile with the above info and it saves it.

They're not actually rejected, but that screen is /very/ broken after
the Qt4 port.  http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7004  (I just happen to
have very little motivation to fix it as it will eventually be thrown
away and replaced with a /very/ different mythui'ed version of the
screen and the bug will be thrown away with the rest of the legacy code.)

The only way to edit playback profiles in trunk/0.22-fixes is to do it
"one profile at a time."  Add a new profile entry to the profile group.
It will (wrongly) say "addentry rejected" and then you won't be able to
add new entries.  Select Next all the way through to Finish, then go
back in and you'll see the entry went in.  Repeat until you have all
your entries.

Mike