[mythtv-users] Issue with Multirec and DVB-S?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 03:48:00 UTC 2009

2009/11/3 Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> .
>>
>> An additional restriction when using multirec (much more useful on
>> DVB-T than DVB-S)
>
> That is a very general statement! In my local market the opposite is
> true (all of NZ Freeview is on 2 multiplexes on DVB-S at SD mpeg2
> bitrates, whilst the DVB-T equivalent channels (mixed HD & SD at h264
> rates) take 3 multiplexes.

Apologies - I clearly should have stated this was my opinion for the
UK's Freeview/Freesat services (although I am still envious about the
fact you only have 5 muxes *in total* :) ).

My current 0.22-fixes build has 98 muxes defined - 6 for DVB-T
(Freeview), and 92 for DVB-S (Freesat and other FTA channels on the
28.2E/28.5E Eurobird/Astra2 constellation).

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott