[mythtv-users] override menu-ui.xml

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 11:53:59 UTC 2009

Hi,

If put a mainmenu.xml in ~/.mythtv/ this file will override
mainmenu.xml in themes/defaultmenu/.

Is it possible to override menu-ui.xml of a theme or even better to
add additional values without changing the theme.

Where did this come from:
I have some buttons in menu which start external applications or open
some sub-menus. I wanted to add different backgrounds for these
buttons, but I did not want to change the theme because of updates.

I would like to have an additional menu-ui.xml which can add features
which I miss in standard menu-ui.xml like this:

<mythuitheme>
    <window name="mainmenu">
        <statetype name="watermarks">
            <state name="MY_BUTTON_1">
                <imagetype name="watermark">
                    <filename>~/.mythtv/mybuttons/button1.png</filename>
                </imagetype>
            </state>
        </statetype>
    </window>
</mythuitheme>

Is there a way to do something like this without changing the current theme?

Thanks