[mythtv-users] Encoder (slave) "currently not connected" or "currently asleep"?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Nov 3 18:20:45 UTC 2009

* On Tue Nov 03, 2009 at 08:02:40AM +0100, Ma Begaj wrote:
> > In essence, if you use the on-demand wakup/shutdown functionality for slave
> > backends, don't shut them down yourself, you need to let the master backend
> > tell the slave to shutdown.
> >

> Thanks. Helpful as always.

One other thing I didn't mention.  It is on my TODO list to add a way to allow
a slave backend to tell the master that it is going to sleep, so you could
shutdown the slave and have the master wake it back up again.  This is
primarily for combination FE/SBE machines, so the user can shutdown the
machine when done use the FE and have the master wake the slave back up if
necessary to record something new.

--
Chris