[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 21:34:02 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> MEDIA SETTINGS
>
> Delete Outright:
>
> -Music-
> Audio device (should respect/use default audio device)

The only problem I can think of with this one is if you NEED to use a
different device. I may not understand this topic completely so tell
me if I'm full of it.

I use passthrough for all of my TV recordings (using HDHR ATSC
recordings only) so I want everything to go out over ALSA:spdif. In my
case my receiver supports 44.1kHz audio but if it did not then
wouldn't I need a separate audio device so I could resample to 48kHz?

If this is truly a problem then one solution may to have two devices
in the main setup, one for PCM sources and one for passthrough
sources.

Thanks,

Richard