[mythtv-users] .22 Missing menu - Key right

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Nov 4 01:35:20 UTC 2009

Justin Hornsby <justin0hornsby at gmail.com> says:
> The main reason it was there in the first place was because we need
> two menus in so many places, hence two menu buttons.  How many
> remotes have two menu buttons?  So, you lose an 'info' button to the
> 'info menu'.  Great, except now you need to find a button to map to
> U (Details) if you use that feature a lot.

Yes; I fell into this situation with 0.22 as I had long since devoted
the Info remote button to bring up the Program Details page. I am
overloading another button used to jump to the start of recordings
(and thus otherwise unused outside playback) for the INFO menu, but
. . .

> ONE menu button, contextual menu content.

I, too, would favor this approach; as things stand in 0.22, there are
two popup menus in MythVideo and Watch Recordings, and one menu
(Almost?) everywhere else.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array