[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 9.04 occasionally not writing files, and losing schedules

Bruce H McIntosh scotsman at afn.org
Wed Nov 4 01:50:10 UTC 2009

I recently built a new myth box with Mythbuntu 9.04 and updates as of
the build date (9/30 or so).  The box is an Asus microATX mobo with
built-in 6150 graphics, an Ath64 X2 5600, 2GB RAM and a half terabyte of
disk.  Tuners include two Avermedia 179s and a fire-wire connected SA
4250

The box periodically logs shows as recorded, but when we try to watch
the recordings they don't come up; the box says it can't find the
file.

The box also constantly loses its schedule database; I'm having to
manually run mythfilldatabase every couple of days.

In both these cases, there are no error messages logged ANYwhere I can
think of to look; there's nothing even the least bit out-of-the-ordinary
in anything in /var/log.

Can someone point me at something to look for/at, logging settings I can
bump up for more detail, known anomalies in the scheduling, anything?

    Bruce H. McIntosh  scotsman at afn.org  www.afn.org/~scotsman  WA4UF