[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Wed Nov 4 10:09:38 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 01:07:22PM -0800, Robert McNamara wrote:

thanks Robert, I generally agree with the deletion/sensible defaults and
have only a couple of notes.

> Merge Guide Language Prefs and UI Language Prefs

The guide languages should be moved to mythtv-setup. AFAIK they are used
only in in the EIT scanner. I'm unsure whether I should add them to the
videosource or add yet another page to mythtv-setup's general section.

> Show group summary (no longer used)

still used and should default to yes. IIRC we don't display anything
disabled.

> What to call unknown programs (Unknown)
> What category to give unknown programs (Unknown)

no problem as long as the strings are translated

> Seek to exact frame (true)

I would say should depend on the skip/jump amount and keyframe distance.
I can't image that anybody would care for 1/2 second of precision of a 5
minute jump.

> Automatically lookup CDs (true, but fail gracefully)

privacy issue, no communication with remote hosts without users consent

> Enable CD Writing (true)

maybe enable if a writer is detected

Janne