[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

Patrick Davila pdavila at thelinuxlink.net
Wed Nov 4 08:41:12 UTC 2009

> I wrote most of the commercial flagging code and I don't even use
> Auto-skip, so I would not want this option turned on by default.
> I don't use 'notify' mode either.  Auto-skip ON should be a
> conscious decision by the user if the decide that the commercial
> flagging works well enough on their recordings to allow it to auto-skip
> during playback.  Even in places where the flagger does work well, it
> still may not work well on some channels, so enabling auto-skip by
> default across the board should be a user decision based on the
> channels they record from.

Chris,
Thank you for your hard work on commercial flagging. For me automatic
commercial skipping is one of the features that raises MythTV head and
shoulders above other PVR apps/products. It's so simple but makes a huge
impact on the end user experience. For me it's Myth's #1 feature.

Pat

--
http://tllts.org/ - The Linux Link Tech Show
http://mythtvcast.com/ - MythTVCast