[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

JEDIDIAH jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Nov 4 20:56:44 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 08:47:52AM -0500, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 21:52 -0800, Gabe Rubin wrote:
> > > All GUI offset/width spinboxes (respect screen wizard and -geometry
> > > command line)
> > I have never really gotten the screen wizard to work correctly for me,
> > so I rely on the GUI offset/width spinboxes for proper display,
> > otherwise, I can't see some of the text on the screen.
>
> We were just talking about how broken the screen wizard is this morning
> in IRC. It would obviously need to be replaced with a functional one
> before these options could be removed.

    Is overscan ever NOT symmetrical along both axes? I would think that a
simple slider with percentages would be able to handle the majority of cases
where you want to adjust for overscan. In my own case, all I did was run the
math for 5% against my screen size. That was a number that I picked up from
the discussion here as the typical overcan amount.

    I've never had luck with the screen wizard.