[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 22:56:44 UTC 2009

A propos of this general settings discussion, and not replying to
anything in particular, how about being able to save all your settings
to a named configuration. So when I first install myth I save it to
"base" - I then make some experimental changes to my settings, acheive
some good settings and save it as "first setup"

Whenever I make some changes I can revert to any previous "saved
settings" - this means I can experiment without worrying about how to
get back where I started. Kind of like a snapshot of my settings.

Hope I explained that OK.