[mythtv-users] Going from FF to Playback

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Nov 5 06:51:34 UTC 2009

On 11/04/2009 05:26 PM, David Engel wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 09:45:50PM +0000, Mark Greenwood wrote:
>
>> When I'm in Fast
>> Forward (sticky), and I press Play, I want to go to Play mode but
>> mythtv goes to Pause mode instead. My old 0.21 installation did not
>> do this.
> Press SELECT to resume play mode.
>
> Daniel reorganized the key handling awhile back and a number of "fall
> through" paths changed because of it.

That's exactly how both my 0.21-fixes system and my trunk system works
(just tested both of them to make sure).  When in FFWDSTICKY and:

 - I hit P (PAUSE), it pauses.
 - I hit Space/Enter (SELECT), it resumes playback
 - I hit Ctrl+P (PLAY), it resumes playback

This behavior makes sense in light of the keybinding action names.  I'm
using all defaults for keybindings, which are:

TV Frontend/PLAYBACK = P
TV Playback/PLAY = Ctrl+P
TV Playback/PAUSE = P

Note that PAUSE really acts as a "toggle pause" (so it will pause if
playing or play if paused).  And, at least on the trunk/dev box, all
defaults for settings.

So, if something did change between 0.21-fixes and 0.22-fixes, it must
have been something which only happened with some (non-default)
combination of the millions of untestable settings combinations.  ;)  If
you can think of some setting you may have changed from the default on
your system (back in 0.21-fixes) which might be related, I'd be happy to
look into the change.

Mike