[mythtv-users] livetv "dies" when scheduler runs?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Nov 5 12:36:02 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 10:48 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm watching the world series right now and am noticing that everytime
> the backend prints the upcoming recording schedule to the log (so the
> scheduler is running in some way?) live tv starts to skip and then
> eventually dies.
> cpu usage doesn't seem to go too high and the wa% in top does not seem
> to get above 75-80%.
>
> anyone have any ideas to try and trouble shoot this issue?

Is this by any chance a time that mythfilldatabase is running? I never
had it skip like that, but I did find that if it ran while I (or
rather, my wife) was watching LiveTV, if I changed channels at wrong
moment, the system would hang and then drop me back to the menu. It
took me a while to track it down to being related to mythfilldatabase.
I now set it to run only while we are sleeping and have not had that
problem in nearly 2 years.

--
Ron
Ronald Frazier Photography - http://www.ronfphoto.com/