[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Thu Nov 5 15:51:50 UTC 2009

R. G. Newbury wrote:
> But the underlying point that maybe the settings could be handled by a
> template is a good idea.
> With a template there could be usable default setups for using Myth on
> a TV (640x480) and on HD (1920x1080) with most of the settings
> optimized. The vast majority of settings could then be set to a useful
> default.
Combine this with another users suggestion about saving ones settings to
a file, and you could easily build a library of pre-configured front end
setups.  Plus, people could email their settings file to someone else
who could import/load it and try out someone else's config to see if it
worked for them.

Jeff.
--
I haven't smoked for 3 years, 2 months and 2 weeks, saving $5,294.35 and
not smoking 35,295.71 cigarettes.