[mythtv-users] Going from FF to Playback

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Nov 5 17:17:48 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 01:51:34AM -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 11/04/2009 05:26 PM, David Engel wrote:
> That's exactly how both my 0.21-fixes system and my trunk system
> works (just tested both of them to make sure).  When in FFWDSTICKY
> and:
>
> - I hit P (PAUSE), it pauses.
> - I hit Space/Enter (SELECT), it resumes playback
> - I hit Ctrl+P (PLAY), it resumes playback

Try pressing INFO instead of the other keys to stop FF in 0.21 and
then in 0.22.  When I used to use an IR keyboard instead of LIRC, I
had issues for which I don't remember the details with SELECT binding,
so I got in the habit of pressing INFO to exit FF.  It took awhile to
retrain my muscle memory to stop doing that when I switched to
pre-0.22.

> So, if something did change between 0.21-fixes and 0.22-fixes, it
> must have been something which only happened with some (non-default)
> combination of the millions of untestable settings combinations.  ;)

I do have some personal tweaks in tv_play.cpp, but I don't think any
should affect this.  My main point was that there is still
considerable room to improve the key handling, especially with respect
to overloaded keys in different contexts.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net