[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Thu Nov 5 17:49:11 UTC 2009

"Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> writes:

> On 11/04/2009 02:13 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
>> * On Wed Nov 04, 2009 at 02:08:01PM -0500, Jeff Wormsley wrote:
>>> Personally, I'd prefer the last watched position autosaved,
>
> Action on playback exit
> - Just exit
> - Save position and exit
> - Always prompt (excluding Live TV)
> - Always prompt (including Live TV)
> - Prompt for Live TV only
> If set to prompt, a menu will be displayed when you exit playback
> mode.  The options available will allow you to save your position,
> delete the recording, or continue watching.

There are conditions, at least in 0.21, where playback can exit
without the menu coming up. For example, if you have a network
glitch and you get timeout on the video stream. It would be soooooooo
nice to have that position saved.
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants                 (519) 650 0660