[mythtv-users] Going from FF to Playback

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Thu Nov 5 21:01:11 UTC 2009

On Thursday 05 Nov 2009 06:51:34 Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 11/04/2009 05:26 PM, David Engel wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 09:45:50PM +0000, Mark Greenwood wrote:
> >
> >> When I'm in Fast
> >> Forward (sticky), and I press Play, I want to go to Play mode but
> >> mythtv goes to Pause mode instead. My old 0.21 installation did not
> >> do this.
> > Press SELECT to resume play mode.
> >
> > Daniel reorganized the key handling awhile back and a number of "fall
> > through" paths changed because of it.
>
> That's exactly how both my 0.21-fixes system and my trunk system works
> (just tested both of them to make sure).  When in FFWDSTICKY and:
>
>  - I hit P (PAUSE), it pauses.
>  - I hit Space/Enter (SELECT), it resumes playback
>  - I hit Ctrl+P (PLAY), it resumes playback
>
> This behavior makes sense in light of the keybinding action names.  I'm
> using all defaults for keybindings, which are:
>
> TV Frontend/PLAYBACK = P
> TV Playback/PLAY = Ctrl+P
> TV Playback/PAUSE = P
>
> Note that PAUSE really acts as a "toggle pause" (so it will pause if
> playing or play if paused).  And, at least on the trunk/dev box, all
> defaults for settings.

Thanks, it makes sense now. I've modified the myhttv settings in ~/.lirc so that my 'Play' button sends 'Return', it was previously configured to send 'P', which explains the behaviour I was getting. I'm not sure if it's possible to put 'Ctrl+P' into a lirc config file, so I went for the safe option :)

It's very possible I did this previously on my 0.21 box, but I no longer have it so I can't check.

Mark