[mythtv-users] UK users: Interesting DLNA/UPnP 1080p-capable media player for £60

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 00:11:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> On Thursday 05 November 2009 16:51:02 Mudit Wahal wrote:
> > >

> http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/11/05/review_media_player_hisense_1080p
> > >/

> > > That looks pretty amazing for £60.
> > >
> > > If anyone has one - does it work with the MythTv UPnP server? (I've
> never
> > > had much success in that area)
> > >
> > > Robert.
> >
> > Robert,
> >
> > This needs to be patched in as DLNA/UPnP is partially broken in all NMT
> > devices.
> >
> > http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7424
> >
> > After manually applying this patch, I can use mythtv UPnP on my popcorn
> > hour and IO Data AVel LinkPlayer2.
>
> So you are saying that UPnP/DLNA is broken in Myth, not in the NMT devices?
>
> "Broken in all NMT devices" more or less implied the problem was with the
> NMTs, so you had me a little confused (not hard to do).

I don't know where the problem is, but none of my Syabas firmware devices
play nice with Mythtv since UPnP was added in mythtv (0.19 ? .. I forgot). I
found the solution on the NMT forums to patch the mythtvupnp file. This
makes the popcorn hour work nicely with myth UPnP. BTW, popcorn hour works
with all other UPnPs (Twonky, Tversity, PlayOn, etc etc). May be the other
UPnP servers accepts the wrongly encoded URI request with "%3F" instead of
"?". That doesnt mean Myth UPnP is busted but it just that its not as
forgiving as other UPnP servers.

Thanks
Mudit