[mythtv-users] recordings disappeared from list, still exist on disk

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 6 02:14:38 UTC 2009

On 11/05/2009 09:09 PM, Marco Nelissen wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 6:02 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 11/05/2009 08:58 PM, Marco Nelissen wrote:
>>
>>> Just now I sat down to catch up on some TV watching, and to my
>>> surprise saw that most of my recordings had disappeared from the list.
>>> They were still there yesterday, but now they're gone. As far as I can
>>> tell, the recordings still exist on disk (at least some of them do).
>>> Anyone know what might have caused them to disappear from the
>>> recordings list, and if there's an easy way to get them to show up
>>> there again?
>>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Why_aren.27t_my_new_recordings_showing_up_in_Watch_Recordings.3F
>> perhaps?  Check both the Group Filters and the Group Views.
> Thanks, that was exactly it! Somehow it got set to show only children's shows.
> Would've been nice if there was some indication on screen that told me
> that the list was filtered.

There is a setting:

Show filter name instead of "All Programs"
Use the name of the display filter currently applied in place of the
term "All Programs" in the playback screen.

that defaults to false.  Maybe that's another setting Robert McNamara
should put on the list to be removed--for exactly this reason.  :)

Mike