[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 6 06:29:19 UTC 2009

On 11/06/2009 01:14 AM, Ron Garrison wrote:
> There was a setting in .21 that I have not found in the .22 GUI (it
> might be there but I haven't found it), but set in the database
> directly.  The Settings value is "EPGSortReverse".
>
> This is a setting that I set opposite to the default and hope that
> that ability would remain (it drives me nuts to press Ch+ and have the
> slection go down).  Prior to .21 I had "hacked" the code to flip it
> myself (always vowing to do it properly with a database setting -
> someone beat me to it)

That's a setting done (half-way) right.  It's not controlled by a widget
way over there in the settings screens, it's controlled directly inside
the EPG.  By hitting TOGGLEEPGORDER (0), you can toggle the sort and it
saves it for you automatically.

The other half that's missing is putting the option into a location
accessible through the menu so it's easy to find.

Mike