[mythtv-users] uk Winter Hill Channel Scan Problem Mythbuntu 0.22

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Fri Nov 6 09:25:55 UTC 2009

I stupidly updated to 0.22 a couple of days before Winter Hill changed
all its channels around yet again:) I am having big problems getting all
channels recognized.

All channels are recognized an can be tuned by Kaffeine with no problems
watching the video. I have tried various incantations of the channel
scanner, including All Channels and Rescan Existing Transports ignoring
timeout errors. The best result has been importing a channels.conf,
which has sorted out everything except Yesterday, Virgin1 and Virgin+1.

Yesterday appears in channels.conf and can be tuned OK with Kaffeine.
However, it doesn't appear in any channels imported into MythTV. Tuning
to Virgin results in the full LAM Locked with no BER, but times out with
video buffering errors. Again the channel works fine in Kaffeine.

Anyone else in the uk Winter Hill area managed to get these channels to
work correctly?

Ian.