[mythtv-users] uk Winter Hill Channel Scan Problem Mythbuntu 0.22

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 09:56:53 UTC 2009

> Anyone else in the uk Winter Hill area managed to get these channels to work
> correctly?

Delete all channels and existing transports/frequencies then scan
using the specific transport option (i.e. not Full Scan, the option is
in the same list as Import channels.conf etc).  Enter the following
frequencies one at a time selecting Next after each one.  Leave all
the other settings as Auto. (If it helps for speed I just delete all
the records in the "channel" and "dtv_multiplex" tables via MySQL)

801833330
834166770
850166770
754166770
810000000

This works for me in MythTV 0.21fixes.  Only 5 multiplexes listed as
the only thing left on the other multiplex is the Community Channel
and duplicated BBC channels.

For whatever reason MythTV generally always automatically picks up the
wrong frequencies (i.e. generally the wrong offset the last 6 digits).
 This means you do not get lock on the channels etc.

If you still have problems with 0.22 I will fire up my test box and
reinstall if necessary and see if I can replicate.