[mythtv-users] uk Winter Hill Channel Scan Problem Mythbuntu 0.22

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Fri Nov 6 10:43:53 UTC 2009

Ian Barton wrote:
> nospam312 wrote:
>>> Anyone else in the uk Winter Hill area managed to get these channels to work
correctly?

>> Delete all channels and existing transports/frequencies then scan using the
specific transport option (i.e. not Full Scan, the option is in the same list as
Import channels.conf etc).  Enter the following frequencies one at a time
selecting Next after each one.  Leave all the other settings as Auto. (If it
helps for speed I just delete all the records in the "channel" and
"dtv_multiplex" tables via MySQL)

>> 801833330
>> 834166770
>> 850166770
>> 754166770
>> 810000000
>>
>> This works for me in MythTV 0.21fixes.  Only 5 multiplexes listed as the only
thing left on the other multiplex is the Community Channel and duplicated BBC
channels.

>> For whatever reason MythTV generally always automatically picks up the wrong
frequencies (i.e. generally the wrong offset the last 6 digits).
>>  This means you do not get lock on the channels etc.
>>
>> If you still have problems with 0.22 I will fire up my test box and reinstall if
necessary and see if I can replicate.
> Thanks. I'll try over the weekend if I can get access to the system for a couple
of hours!

I'll have a look at this as well, given my current issues (see thread "Yet another
retune (and it's not working) - Granada region". My issue is failing to get any
channels from Mux C (Dave, Sky3 plus various others). It scans fine but gets the
wrong frequency for these channels, even when using a channels.conf which has the
correct frequency in it.

I'm on 0.21-fixes. I also get multiple copies of various BBC channels (3 + 4 plus
most of the radio stations).
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts