[mythtv-users] SD to HD switch with HD-PVR - mythfrontend crashes

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Fri Nov 6 14:25:29 UTC 2009

Hi,

I just installed .22 (mythbuntu). I figured it would be a safer approach than upgrading. I'm happy to report that it's all working well, except for a couple of small items.

1. Mythbuntu - what's going on? I have half the features/plugins that 9.04 had. Where's my Apple Trailers?

And now the one the emailis about...

When I switch from an SD channel (Motorola 6200 locked to send 480p) to and HD channel (locked to 720p), I get a corrupt video display. 7 out of 10 times, mythfrontend crashes, 1 out of 10 times, mythfrontend fixes itself and all is well, 2 out of 10 times mythfrontend goes back to a menu.

I upgraded the drivers for my HD-PVR (dunno to what version though).

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Does anyone else have these issues?

Motorola 6200 STB
HD-PVR
NVidia ION
VDPAU