[mythtv-users] MySQL server has gone away

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Fri Nov 6 14:25:51 UTC 2009

Duncan Brown wrote:
> On 05/11/2009 15:15, Duncan Brown wrote:
>> Andy Colson wrote:
>>>
>>> Not with myth, but I have seen it before.  We fixed it by increasing
>>> the  max packet size:
>>>
>>> [mysqld]
>>> max_allowed_packet=16M
>>>

>>> I've had to set it as high as 32M on one of our web servers.
>>>
>>> -Andy
>>>
>> Hi Andy
>>
>> Thanks for the ridiculously quick reply!
>>
>> Have added the option, will see how it goes
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> Dunc
>>
> Unfortunately it didnt appear to work, again last night it 'went away'
>
> The logs were full of stuff like this again, but for all sorts of
> different queries:
>
> 2009-11-05 22:05:28.908 TVRec(6): Changing from Watching WatchingLiveTV
> to None
> 2009-11-05 22:05:28.971 Error preparing query: DELETE FROM eit_cache
> WHERE chanid  = :CHANID   AND       status  = :STATUS
> 2009-11-05 22:05:29.041 Driver error was [2/2006]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to prepare statement
> Database error was:
> MySQL server has gone away
>
> It always seem to happen when i'm not home too, so the WAF is rapidly
> hitting breaking point!
>
> I've never seen this before and have been using myth for many years now,
> the only change is the switch to 0.22
>
> anyone got any other ideas?
>
> cheers
>
> Dunc

Eww.. bummer.  Not sure, sorry.

I read someplace the EIT stuff works for a while and crashes for a
while.. seemingly at random.  Do you really need the EIT stuff?  if you
disable it do the crashes go away?

What QT version are you running?  Not sure if its related, but this:

says:
"It's actually a bug in Qt 4.5.0. You can either run Qt 4.4.x or apply a
patch to Qt"

-Andy